Blue Ice™ Fermented Skate Liver Oil | 120 Capsules | Green Pasture
Skate Liver Oil is a supercharged, whole-food highly recommended by Dr. Weston A. Price. It combines the known benefits of fish liver oils with Activator X - better known as vitamin K2 - plus much more.
Now available in a convenient, capsule form as Fermented Skate Liver Oil, this product is the gold standard in pure skate liver oil.
Fermented Skate Liver Oil is a nutrient-dense superfood which combines some amazing benefits from traditionally-renowned cod liver oil and shark liver oils. As such, many use it for these combined effects, saving the need to buy a wide range of products:
- It is a source of the sought-after vitamin K2 - deemed important for strong bones, teeth, by helping provide calcium to the right areas, thus helping prevent calcification of arteries and organs.
- Ongoing research suggests fermented skate liver oil may prevent calcification of the pineal gland - vital for the production of melatonin, serotonin and other beneficial hormones and compounds.
- Contains squalene, a powerful antioxidant with additional support to the functioning of a normal immune system and skin-friendly properties. It is also being researched as a preventative for Parkinson's disease and to support existing patients.
- Contains alkoxyglycerols - which contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
- Provides chondroitin, which is a component of human connective tissues found in cartilage and bone - essential for joint health and flexibility.
- Great for Pineal activation and pineal gland de-calcification.
All this, along with the nutrient profile of the Blue Ice Fermented Cod Liver Oil product:
- Skate liver oil is a rich source of essential fats like omega-3 fatty acids, called docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA).
- It also contains Omega 6, 7 and 9 Fatty Acids plus many more important fat soluble nutrients.
- Omega-3 fatty acids have been proven effective against reducing inflammation, and can help promote brain development (children) and a host of other essential benefits.
- Omega 3 (particularly DHA) contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure, vision and blood triglyceride levels.
- Skate liver oil also contains naturally-occurring vitamins A and D.
- Vitamin A has many roles in the body, including maintaining healthy eyes, brain function and skin.
- Vitamin D affects virtually every cell and tissue in your body and is important for good health.
NOTE: The fish used in Green Pasture Fermented Skate Liver oil are exclusively wild caught in and around the Arctic region.
This entire product line is certified by the Marine Stewardship Council, which ensures that the cod livers we source have been sustainably wild-caught. (MSC-C-55178)
What is Skate?
Skate is a member of the ray family and closely related to the shark family. Usually grey, they have a large flattened body and wings, but unlike other rays, skates do not have a tail barb or stinger. Skate is very common in the fish markets of Europe, but not so much in the U.S.
Skate liver oil is a thick, rich oil loaded with vitamins, enzymes, and naturally occurring nutrients that our bodies need for optimal health.
Green Pasture's™ Blue Ice™ Fermented Skate Liver Oil uses sustainably-harvested skate from the pristine waters of Alaska's Aleutian Islands.
Intriguing research suggests fermented skate liver oil may help to decalcify, detox, and nourish the pineal gland. The pineal gland is located in the exact centre of the brain, where it secretes both melatonin (sleep health) and seratonin (mood, well being). In humans and mammals, the pineal gland is also thought to be the source of DMT (Dimethyltryptamine), which is believed to be responsible for mystical & near-death experiences, and our mind's ability to form abstract & visual imagery.
Fermented Skate Liver Oil is made in small batches with extraordinary care. Green Pasture ferments livers from fish that have been exclusively wild caught in the Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands region.
Fermentation is a natural enzymatic and microbial action that releases the oil from the livers. This Fermented Skate Liver Oil is a raw, unadulterated, whole food.
It is well known to chemists that chemical extraction of oils results in isomers. What this potentially means is 50% positive and 50% negative versions of the extraction - potentially causing as much harm to the human body as good. Alternatively, heat extraction can destroy many of the chemical bonds that are essential in providing goodness to us. Fermentation methods are rarely used due to the time-intensive nature of the process. The quality and benefit in doing so, however, is unparalleled.
The product is extracted using a proprietary cold process extraction and cleaning method and is independently tested to internationally recognised purity standards. Fermented Cod Liver Oil is typically far easier to digest than regular skate liver oil, resulting in increased absorption - including 2.5 times more Vitamins A and D.
The serving size for the liquid is ½ teaspoon. For capsules it is 2 capsules. Please consult with a health practitioner for the dosage that may be right for you.
60 servings per bottle
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.