WholeFood Multivitamin Plus - A.M. & P.M. Daily Packs | Dr Mercola | 240 Tablets
Whole-Food Multivitamin A.M. & P.M. Daily Packs, makes it even easier for you to get the vitamins and minerals you need on a daily basis. They’re perfect for travel and daily use, providing…
- Convenient, easy-to-use, side-by-side individually wrapped packets in a box for morning and evening daily dosing.
- The same wholefood concentrates, essential vitamins, minerals, carotenoids, bioflavonoids, amino acids, enzymes and herbs per tablet dosage levels as Dr Mercola's Whole-Food Multivitamins in a bottle.
- Eco-friendly packaging made from biodegradable, compostable cellulose, which provides an excellent moisture barrier.
This super-formula combines a huge array of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and mushrooms. All sourced from whole-food sources to ensure that you are getting what you need in a bio-available form.
Perfect if you are spending time and money buying many different supplements.
Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals formula includes a health-promoting blend of vegetables, fruits, herbs and green foods.
Includes over 2,000 mg of nutrients based on vegetables, fruits, herbs and green foods. Nutrients that work together to promote your optimal health in the following ways:
|Nutrients||Your Body Systems Contributed to, Supported and Promoted|
|Red wine proanthocyanidins||Cardiovascular|
|Blueberry||Urinary tract and immune|
|Garlic||Digestive and immune|
|Green tea extract||Immune|
|Sprouted barley juice||Cardiovascular/heart|
|Wheatgrass juice||Immune and anti-aging|
|Broccoli||Prostate and immune|
|Cauliflower||Circulation and immune|
|Spirulina||Nervous and tissue|
|Chlorella||Cardiovascular and immune|
|Green papaya extract||Digestive and skin|
|Apple pectin||Immune and lungs|
|Bromelain||Respiratory and digestive|
|Rutin||Circulatory and immune|
|Hesperidin||Vascular and immune|
Including nearly 700 mg of a unique vegetable and fruit base, these ingredients further promote your optimal health:
- Kale – provides healthy prostate support
- Spinach – helps support your cardiovascular and immune systems
- Carrot – assists optimal vision and cholesterol level
- Radish – supports your digestive, respiratory and nervous systems
- Celery – provides you with skeletal and nervous system support
- Apricot – promotes your respiratory systems
- Blackberry – helps support your digestivesystem
- Cranberry – supports your urinary tract and cardiovascular system
- Grape – promotes healthy circulation and cholesterol level
Furthermore, to help balance the effects of free radicals, Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals provides you with high-potency amounts of an exclusive antioxidant formula that includes:
- Beta-carotene – Healthy vision and contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin C – Promotes tissue growth and repair, and healthy gums. My formula contains different forms of the vitamin C minerals in order to provide balance and absorbability.
- Vitamin D3 – Supports heart, bone, vascular and contributes to the normal function of the immune system. This formula supplies the preferred vitamin D3 form instead of vitamin D2.
- Vitamin E – Helps support your muscular system. Our formula contains the naturally occurring form of alpha tocopherol along with the other naturally occurring tocopherols.
- Selenium – Contributes to the normal function of the immune system. The selenium in our formula is from an amino acid chelate complex.
- L-cysteine – Contributes to the normal function of the immune system. This is the bio-identical form of L-cysteine.
- Lutein – Helps promote your healthy vision. We use a Lutein extract from marigold and not the synthetic form.
- Lycopene – Contributes to the normal function of the immune system. We use a lycopene extract from tomato and not the synthetic form.
- Red wine proanthocyanidins – Provides cardiovascular support.
- And select extracts and powders from over 25 fruits, vegetables and herbs.
Whole-Food Multivitamin Plus provides you with a highly concentrated daily supplement containing more than 50 nutritional ingredients, all in a special herbal food base.
What are Anti-oxidants?
To help balance the effects of free radicals, Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals provides you with high-potency amounts of an exclusive antioxidant formula.
Free radicals are highly reactive molecules and fragments of molecules that may impact your body at your cellular level. Free radicals constantly attack your body proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and DNA, and can cause potentially serious health concerns unless they are kept in check. Every cell in your body suffers an estimated 10,000 free radical hits each day. Your body does its best to fight back, in what is an actual battlefield at the cellular level.
A Superior Form of Folic Acid
Folic acid, or folate, is an important member of the B-vitamin family, and plays many important roles in your body:
- Helps maintain normal blood homocysteine levels
- Helps nourish the brain and supports mood
- Supports protein metabolism
- Supports energy production
- Promotes normal formation and functioning of red and white blood cells
For folic acid to perform all of these crucial duties in your body, it must first be activated into the biologically active form – L-5-MTHF. Metafolin, a patented form of 5-MTHF, is:
- The form of folate that's preferred by your body
- More reliably bioavailable and biologically active than folic acid
- The only folate that can cross the blood-brain barrier
Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals stands apart from others in the use of chelated minerals – something that many other manufacturers don’t do.
Chelated minerals are minerals that have been combined with amino acids or other molecules to form bioavailable and more easily absorbed mineral complexes.
Some of the chelated complexes in this formula include magnesium, zinc, selenium, manganese, copper, potassium, boron, chromium, molybdenum, and vanadium:
Calcium – To provide a high level of support for your skeletal system, Dr. Mercola chose to include an optimum amount of calcium - 250mg. The citrate, malate and ascorbate forms of calcium that are formulated in this product are more absorbable than mined forms of calcium such as calcium oxide or carbonate, which are more commonly found in supplements.
Magnesium – Scientific studies have reported that magnesium is helpful in supporting your lungs and pulmonary system, as well as your entire body. As you age, you’re more likely to be deficient in this important mineral. The latest research shows that magnesium may help protect your cells against the harmful effects of EMFs or non-ionising radiation that surrounds us 24/7.
Magnesium works with calcium and vitamin D to promote bone density health. It also helps maintain your muscular and nervous systems, and it helps support your healthy heart, and energy needs. Magnesium chelate is used because it is more absorbable, rather than the more common and less absorbed magnesium oxide.
Potassium – This important mineral plays a key role in your metabolism and your body’s delicate balance of water and electrolytes. The regulation of your heartbeat, your muscle function, your healthy blood pressure, and nerve impulses all depend upon sufficient levels of potassium.
In addition, research has shown that potassium is another important element in your bone density health. As you age, bone density and strength become important elements in your overall health. The form of potassium used in this formula is a mineral chelate – again, a more absorbable form than potassium chloride.
These are just some of the important minerals included, that provide you with significant health-supporting value in complementing your diet.
Warning: A Multivitamin Overloaded with Nutrients May Do You More Harm Than Good
Indiscriminately throwing a number of nutrients together could actually cause more harm than good – a problem with many other high-potency formulas.
How could that be?
Well, certain amounts and types of nutrients need to be carefully measured to avoid potential toxic buildup once they are consumed.
The bottom line: not all nutrients in certain amounts work well together. In fact, a type of competition can occur between some nutrients.
Therefore, each ingredient in Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals has been carefully evaluated and selected for its:
- Proper nutrient balance – Just like too little of a nutrient does not provide you any real benefits, too much can potentially do you more harm than good
- Absorbability – The key to promoting your health is absorbing as much of the nutrient as possible
- Competitive relationship with other nutrients – A complex evaluation is performed by the scientists to make sure the amounts and types of nutrients work well together to benefit you
- Allergenic potential – Careful selection and measurement of the nutrient to investigate potential allergy issues
- Long-term safety – Any potential toxic buildup balanced out
- Proper use of the bio-active forms of the vitamins and minerals – All are naturally occurring when possible or bio-identical to those found in nature
- Non-GMO – All the vitamins, minerals and nutrients included in my formula are not genetically engineered
- Dosage to get the full benefits from all the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients – Don’t be fooled by products that claim to provide you with a multivitamin formula that only requires 1 or 2 tablets per day – you are not getting enough of the important vitamins and minerals
Adults, as a dietary supplement, take contents of two (2) packets daily with food. Alternatively, take contents of one (1) packet with breakfast and one (1) packet with dinner.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
CAUTION: Children should not take Multivitamin PLUS. They have been designed specifically for adult needs. For a children's alternative, please see Dr Mercola's specially formulated Chewable Multivitamin for Kids.
I already take so many supplements and have a healthy diet. Do I still need multivitamins?
Multivitamins help support your optimal health. They provide a broad base of nutrients needed for a strong and active lifestyle. Taking other supplements is great, but it's doubtful that you will get a full spectrum of the nutrients you need from them. To get all the nutrients supplied by multivitamins separately, you would end up taking many more supplements.
Why do I need all these vitamins and minerals?
Many people today don't consume the nutrients they need. Even if you eat whole organic foods, up to 50% of their nutritional value may be lost through the cooking and preparation process. Plus, soil nutrients are not what they were 50 or 100 years ago, so it is difficult to get all your nutrients from the food you eat. A good multivitamin can help you get some of these nutrients that are missing from your diet.
I don't want to take 8 tablets per day. Explain?
Totally understandable, but it's unlikely that one single tablet could hold enough vitamins and minerals to support your health. This may be possible with synthetic ingredients made in a lab, but synthetic vitamins may not be absorbed as well as nutrients from whole foods. Dr. Mercola can compress ingredients to some extent, but not to the point where everything you need is in one pill. "One-a-day" pills are generally missing essential ingredients or rely on lab-made synthetics.
Is it gluten-free?
No.Whole-Foods Multivitamin Plus Vital Minerals is not completely gluten-free because it contains wheat grass and barley juice.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.