Ubiquinol 150mg | Dr Mercola | 90 Capsules
Did you know your mitochondrial function is at the heart of everything that happens in your body? No matter your age, it’s never too early – or late – to start giving your mitochondria the protection and support they may need.
One of your body’s best protective mechanisms is a super-antioxidant called Co-enzyme Q10 or CoQ10. Ubiquinol is the active, useful form of CoQ10.
Now available in 150mg capsules - use according to your daily needs.
Dr Mercola's Ubiquinol plays an important role in providing the proper foundation to help you:
- Helps boost your energy and stamina levels
- Can protect your mitochondria from free radical and oxidative assault
- Supports the health of your brain and cardiovascular system
- Enhance the support of your immune and nervous systems
- Support your CoQ10 levels if you're taking a statin drug
Just one word of caution, Ubiquinol isn’t a stimulant, so please don’t expect a dramatic “surge” in energy immediately after you start taking it.
Rather, as your blood, tissue and organ levels of ubiquinol gradually rise to healthy normal levels, you’ll likely see an increase in your overall energy levels and stamina.
How much Ubiquinol should you take?
The best way to decide your ideal dose of Ubiquinol is to consider your primary health emphasis and goals. Do you want to:
- Support the health of your mitochondria and energy production at the cellular level throughout your body?
- Support your CoQ10 and ubiquinol levels because you are taking a cholesterol-lowering drug or other medication that can impact your levels?
- Optimally support your brain health and function by helping tissue cells generate energy and protect against damage from free radicals and oxidative stress?
- Ensure you have sufficient ubiquinol in your cells and tissue to help support your healthy, active lifestyle?
If you answer “yes” to more than one primary health emphasis and the suggested doses below differ for each, simply opt for the higher dose.
|Amount of Ubiquinol:||100 mg||150 mg||200 mg (2 x 100 mg)||300 mg (2 x 150 mg)|
|Males < 30 yrs.||✔|
|Males > 30 yrs.||✔|
|Females < 30 yrs.||✔|
|Females > 30 yrs.||✔|
|Statin Use/Heart Health Support||✔|
|Brain Health Support||✔|
|Initial dose (2 to 3 weeks)||
If you are a new Ubiquinol user, Dr Mercola recommends taking a “loading dose” for the first two to three weeks. This will help you achieve rapid, optimal ubiquinol levels in your blood, tissues and organs.
For best absorption and utilisation, take fat-soluble Ubiquinol with food. If you select more than one reason, choose to take the higher dosage.
It is recommended to divide your daily amount into two doses: morning and afternoon. We now offer Ubiquinol in two dose sizes for your convenience: 100 mg and 150 mg.
Ideally, you'll want to work with your health care practitioner to confirm your ideal dose. A blood test can measure your CoQ10 levels, which would tell you whether your dose is high enough to keep you within a healthy range.
How Ubiquinol Transformed Ageing Mice Into ‘Teenagers’
Dr Mercola references Japanese researchers at a major medical centre who decided to take a closer look at ubiquinol’s potential to slow down the mouse ageing process.
They chose specially bred mice that age very rapidly to study how CoQ10 and ubiquinol affect ageing, compared to a control group of mice that received no supplementation during their lifetimes.
When the mice in all the groups reached the equivalent human age of 90 to 100, the differences between the control group and the ubiquinol groups were dramatic.
While the control mice were near death (as they all should have been), the mice that had received the reduced version of CoQ10, or ubiquinol, over their lifetime were still scampering around like teenage mice!
The only difference between the groups was ubiquinol. Only the mice that received ubiquinol over their entire lifespan showed these slowed ageing effects.
This revealing study both surprised and confirmed researchers’ suspicions: Ubiquinol was indeed in a class of its own for its potential benefits against the typical signs of ageing.
Why is Mitochondrial Health Important?
Most of your cells each contain several hundred mitochondria, or little energy factories that supply the majority of the fuel and energy your body produces. However, this massive energy production produces byproducts that can damage your cells and mitochondrial DNA and make your body age faster.
CoQ10 and its reduced, active form, Ubiquinol, are rare lipid-soluble antioxidants that can help protect against cellular damage from free radical byproducts in the lipid portions of your body, including your cell membranes. Guarding against cell and mitochondrial damage helps ensure your body receives the energy it needs for the healthy function of your heart, brain, muscles, kidneys and other fuel-hungry tissues.
When your heart, brain and other organs receive the fuel they need for proper functioning, you help support your total body health and wellness.
Dr Mercola's Ubiquinol:
- Contains Kaneka Ubiquinol as the active ingredient – the only genuine, patented ubiquinol, meticulously produced to protect against oxidation
- Is made by an exclusive manufacturing process that utilises biological fermentation to deliver a high-quality stabilised and high-absorption formula for reliable support
- Comes packaged in hard capsules, rather than air-permeable soft gels, to help protect contents from oxidation
Adults, as a dietary supplement take one (1) capsule daily with a meal.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.