Created in small batches especially for your baby's developing digestive system.
Bifidobacterium infantis, a strain that dominates in breastfed babies' intestines, comprises 50% of our formula, as studies show it supports healthy digestion, growth and a robust immune system.*
You also won't find common allergens, additives or fillers.
To give you even more peace of mind, this clean Infant Probiotic blend follows extensive research and feedback from certified doctors, health practitioners and parents. Its strains are non-GMO and American Type Culture Collection certified.
What does Smidge® Infant Probiotic do?
Designed to help your baby develop a healthy microbiome and to balance digestion.*
It can help to colonize babies' digestive tracts with beneficial bacteria and support immunity, to help with digestive issues such as acid reflux (GERD), occasional diarrhea or constipation in their kiddies. Or even to soothe common skin issues, like eczema.*
This formula contains seven tested-and-true strains of human probiotics: B. infantis, B. bifidum, B. breve, B. longum, B. lactis, L. gasseri and L. salivarius.
Here's how probiotics can have a lifetime impact, according to published scientific studies:
- The first bacteria to colonize an infant's gut affects the development of its digestive system. And healthy bacteria help babies develop a sophisticated, durable inner intestinal lining.*
- Gut bacteria make it possible for babies to digest breast milk effectively, and gain the milk's full nutritional and microbial benefits.*
- Probiotic bacteria can help babies make the transition to life outside the womb by supporting the immune system as it develops into a protective and well-regulated force.*
- Research on infant microbiomes and the brain reveals that a healthy gut is critical for the development of a sharp, limber brain.*
Who Infant Probiotic is for
While Smidge® Infant Probiotic is intended for infants and tots, teens and adults can use it too. Especially those with sensitive digestive systems.
And because it contains only pure probiotics (and absolutely no prebiotics), Smidge® Infant Probiotic works beautifully with real-food, dietary protocols including:
- GAPS, SIBO, Body Ecology,
- Autism/PDD-NOS, PANDA/PANS, Paleo, AIP, Ketogenic,
- and gluten-free/casein-free/soy-free.*
(Please note that while this probiotic may be suitable for people on these diets, we do not claim it cures the health conditions that prompt the diets.)