Oil of Oregano | Nature's Answer | 30ml
Oregano oil is an effective natural antibiotic and anti-fungal, and may also help you lose weight and lower your cholesterol levels.
Oregano oil has been shown in scientific studies to actively inhibit and destroy E. Coli, candida albacans and the bacteria that cause strep and staff infections. It has been used for diarrhoea, intestinal gas, and digestive problems, as well as sore throats and minor breathing difficulties.
Oregano oil appears to be useful both when consumed or applied to the skin.
- Acts as a natural antibiotic -Research has also shown that oregano oil may be effective against types of bacteria that can become resistant to antibiotics
- Oregano oil can act as an immediate first aid for insect bites and minor cuts and scrapes as well as dandruff, diaper rash and other skin disorders.
- May help lower cholesterol - Contains phenol compounds called carvacrol and thymol which are thought to contribute to this effect
- Carvacrol: The most abundant phenol in oregano oil. It has been shown to stop the growth of several different types of bacteria
- Could help treat yeast infections (candida, etc.) - Thymol: A natural anti-fungal that can also support the immune system and protect against toxins. In test-tube studies, oregano oil has been shown to be effective against the most common form of yeast, Candida.
- Powerful antioxidant - Rosmarinic acid: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect against damage caused by free radicals. Fresh oregano has a very high antioxidant content that is much higher than that of most fruits and vegetables, gram per gram. The antioxidant content is concentrated in oregano oil.
- Kills gut parasites and improves gut health - also reduces the number of E. coli bacteria in the gut.
- May reduce inflammation - successfully demonstrated with mice, but more research needed - Carvacrol is deemed responsible for this effect
- May have pain-killing effects - effective in mice studies
- May have cancer-fighting properties - again thesuper-compound carvacrol has been found to inhibit cell growth and cause cancer-cell death
- May help lose weight -carvacrol appears to reverse the chain of events that can lead to the formation of fat cells - however more research is needed
- Applied topically to treat bacterial and fungal infections - including athlete's foot, toenail fungus, earaches, toothaches, gingivitis, etc.
Oregano oil comes from the leaves and shoots of the oregano plant.
Botanically known as Origanum vulgare, oregano is a flowering plant from the same family as mint. It is often used as an herb to flavor food.
Although it is native to Europe, it now grows all over the world.
Oregano has been popular ever since the Greeks and Romans used it for medicinal purposes in ancient times. In fact, the name oregano comes from the Greek words "oros," meaning mountain, and "ganos," meaning joy or delight.
Oregano oil is made by air-drying the leaves and shoots of the plant. Once they are dried, the oil is extracted and concentrated by steam distillation
The oil contains compounds called phenols, terpenes and terpenoids, which have powerful antioxidant properties and are responsible for its fragrance:
- Carvacrol: The most abundant phenol in oregano oil. It has been shown to stop the growth of several different types of bacteria.
- Thymol: A natural anti-fungal that can also support the immune system and protect against toxins.
- Rosmarinic acid: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect against damage caused by free radicals.
These compounds are thought to underlie oregano's many health benefits.
Nature’s Answer uses a unique bio-chelation process, developed by the company’s founder and owner to capture all of a plant's qualities. It includes “cold extraction.” Cold extraction, allows the raw plant materials to be extracted without being exposed to heat, thus capturing and preserving the holistic balance of the herb.
The Added Assurance of Nature’s Answer “Advanced Botanical Fingerprint” Technology™
Nature’s Answer Advanced Botanical Fingerprint Technology™ assures the highest quality of the botanical ingredients in every Nature’s Answer product. By creating one of the most comprehensive collections of plant specimens in the world and identifying each plant’s distinctive botanical fingerprint, Nature’s Answer can compare and analyse the quality and purity of every incoming botanical used to formulate their products.
- Promotes overall good health & well-being
- Supports & protects a healthy immune system
- Supports healthy intestinal & digestive function
- Gluten-Free, Alcohol-Free
- Tested & verified for quality, holistically balanced
As a dietary supplement take 4 drops (0.17ml) three (3) times a day in a small amount of water. Shake well.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use if pregnant or nursing.