Iodine 1.5mg | Dr Mercola | 30 Capsules
Iodine is an essential trace mineral vital for normal growth and development and also for optimal thyroid function. Nowadays many may find that they are deficient due to a number of modern factors.
Here’s a chart summarising why you should ensure your diet includes sources of iodine – and if your levels are still coming up short, why you should consider a high-quality iodine supplement like Dr Mercola's Iodine formula. Iodine:
- Is an essential trace element vital for normal growth and development
- Supports healthy function of your thyroid glands
- Helps support bone and brain development
- May help support healthy base metabolic rate of the body
- Aids your body’s normal detoxification processes
- May help your body utilise other minerals like calcium and silicon
- Helps support optimal energy levels
- Helps maintain healthy skin, teeth, and hair
There are a number of potential reasons why your levels of iodine could be lower than they should be. If you need help getting your iodine levels up, this supplement is the perfect way to do so.
Dr Mercola's Iodine supplement uses potassium iodide, which is a stable form of iodine that is well absorbed. Plus, like many of Dr Mercola's supplements, Iodine is delivered in a “Licaps®” capsule instead of a soft-gel or other type of capsule.
The ingredients are tested before they go into the unique Licaps capsule and the advanced technology locks in the freshness so you get a product that isn’t rancid.
What Can Affect Your Iodine Levels?
There are many things you eat, drink, and are exposed to in the environment that may affect iodine levels.
Your iodine levels can be affected by exposure to:
- Bromine and bromides – These are used in baking and other products (baked goods that use brominated flour, plastics, soft drinks, pesticides, and more).
- Chlorine and chlorinated compounds – chloramines and bleaching agents may interfere with iodine utilisation in your body. Chlorine bleach is added to flour and chlorine is added to many municipal water supplies.
- Fluorides – One of the main sources of fluoride today is municipal water supplies. Certain water filtration systems can help remove this element which can affect your body’s iodine levels.
- Soy – Soy contains goitrogens. These substances can interfere with iodine metabolism. The best way to avoid this possibility is to not consume soy. I feel the media has way over-blown the health benefits of soy protein powder and soy milk.
So, practising healthy eating habits may go a long way to help with overall wellness and iodine levels available in your body
Adults, as a dietary supplement take one (1) capsule per day.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.