Whether you’re an athlete aiming to perfect your game or someone who just wants more power to get through the day, electrolytes can make all the difference. Fueling your body with the right ingredients helps you become the strongest version of yourself, both mentally and physically.
Electrolytes are electrically charged minerals that help your body maintain healthy, normal fluid levels in your blood, and inside and outside your cells for optimal hydration, power and strength.
Each delicious, single serving of Pure Power Electrolytes provides a powerhouse blend of electrolytes, including Magnesium from Dimagnesium Malate, Chloride from Sea Salt, Sodium from Sodium Bicarbonate and Sea Salt, and Potassium from Coconut Water and Potassium Bicarbonate, with zero grams of sugar.
Pure Power Electrolytes is Certified for Sport® by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) International, which assures the product contains only what is printed on the label and does not include any of the 272+ substances banned by major athletic organizations.
Electrolytes – those essential minerals found in your tissues, blood, urine and other bodily fluids – are crucial to your body’s healthy, normal functioning. Here are just a few of the many roles electrolytes play in your body:
- Help maintain a normal blood pH (acid/alkaline balance)
- Promote healthy muscle contractions, including your heart muscles
- Regulate your body’s fluid levels
- Support normal blood clotting
- Send signals from your heart, muscle and nerve cells to your other cells
- Help your body build new tissue and cells
- A proper balance of electrolytes is key. Electrolyte levels must remain within a narrow and precise range, or serious issues may arise.
Rehydrate Your Body, as You Recharge Your Electrolytes With Pure Power Electrolytes
To become the strongest version of you – and help you unlock your pure potential, mentally or physically – you need the right ingredients: water and electrolytes.
When hydrating (and rehydrating) your body, electrolytes are key. Drinking too much water – without getting enough electrolytes, especially sodium – can lead to overhydration.
Also known as hyponatremia, overhydration is a potentially dangerous situation that causes your blood sodium levels to drop too low. This can lead to muscle cramps and weakness, nausea, vomiting, lethargy, headaches, and confusion.
Besides sodium, two other electrolytes are frequently involved in electrolyte imbalances – potassium and chloride. To be truly useful, any electrolyte drink you choose must include these three electrolytes.
The Ideal Salt for Your Body: Pure Ancient Sea Salt
All salt comes from the same original source – the sea. While some of the salt we consume today is collected from the actual sea, some salt is harvested from vast underground deposits from oceans that dried up many centuries ago, long before industrial pollution became an issue.
Millions of years ago an ancient sea called the Sundance Sea covered what’s now the Western United States and the Pacific Northwest. Geologists believe this large inland sea formed during the Jurassic Period – a time of warm, wet climate and abundant life, including dinosaurs.
During this period, the Sundance Sea flooded and evaporated repeatedly. Eventually, the earth shifted and the waters of the Sundance Sea completely retreated beneath the surface, leaving behind a massive, underground mountain of natural, crystalized salt.
Because it is underground, protected under layers of volcanic ash and bentonite clay that deposited long before the earth experienced modern-day pollution, this salt deposit remains protected from manmade pollution and microplastics.
Located in Utah, this unique pink salt is as pure and natural as salt comes. This unrefined salt provides more than 60 natural trace minerals, including potassium. Known as Real Salt® Ancient Sea Salt, it’s the only ancient sea salt sustainably harvested in the U.S. from a single traceable source.
Our Pure Power Electrolytes contains this pristine ancient sea salt to provide you with chloride and sodium, as well as its full array of trace minerals.
Coconut - A Superior Source of Potassium, Straight From the Tropics
Potassium works together with sodium to help maintain a healthy water balance and body pH, or acid-base balance.
This important mineral also affects how your body stores glycogen, or your muscles’ source of energy. Low levels of potassium can lead to muscle spasms, cramps, paralysis and respiratory issues.
In addition to ancient sea salt, a good source of potassium is coconut water. Unlike higher-fat coconut milk, which also contains ground coconut meat, coconut water is 94% water and is low in sugar, calories and fat.
Slightly sweet and with a touch of tropical flavor, coconut water is a goldmine for electrolytes, like potassium, sodium and magnesium. Coconut water itself also offers some potential health benefits:
- Contains antioxidants that may help squelch damaging free radicals
- Promotes blood sugar health, as well as healthy insulin sensitivity
- Supports kidney health with its natural ‘flushing’ effects
- Promotes healthy blood pressure levels already in the normal range
- Supports heart health, along with healthy lipid profiles
- A small study of eight physically active men found that coconut water was more effective for improving exercise capacity in the heat than either plain water or a sports drink.
Dimagnesium Malate is magnesium bound to malic acid, making it a highly bioavailable form of magnesium. Malic acid is naturally found in fruits and vegetables, and plays an important role in your body’s energy-producing Kreb’s cycle.
- Maintains optimal levels of magnesium in your blood.
- Helps your body work properly, all the way down to your tissues, cells, proteins and DNA.
- Regulates metabolism and growth.
- Builds muscle and helps your muscles perform better by assisting in contraction and relaxation.
- Assists proper brain and nerve function by aiding in the transmission of information from your brain to the rest of your body.
- Promotes optimal bone development and bone integrity.
- Studies consistently show that magnesium status strongly affects muscle performance in all ages.
- Comparing it with other popular forms of magnesium, such as magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate, magnesium malate came out on top for rapid absorption and tissue penetration in an animal study. Plus, blood serum levels remained high for an extended period of time with magnesium malate – another clear advantage of this form of magnesium.