What is DDS®-1 Probiotic Superstrain?
Over the years, several studies have demonstrated the diverse effectiveness of DDS®-1 and help validate its potential use as a probiotic. Here are a few examples:
- From major Midwestern University and prestigious health centre - Results showed that after 60 days of treatment, most showed significant improvement in abdominal health, bloating and occasional elimination irregularities. This study suggests that DDS®-1 may help increase the healthy micro-flora in the gastrointestinal tract.
- In another study, DDS®-1 helped to support the health of human epithelial cell lines when evaluated as part of a probiotic blend.
- From the Cultured Dairy Product Journal –DDS®-1 was shown to produce a compound called ‘acidophilin” which demonstrates activity against a variety of pathogenic bacteria
- In laboratory research, isolated evaluation of DDS®-1 supported the normal production of immune components. DDS®-1 performed this better than three other strains of Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifidobacterium bifidum.
- Other laboratory studies show the potential beneficial effects of DDS®-1 on cholesterol
- A clinical study was done showing daily ingestion of DDS®-1 in combination with three Bifidobacterium strains provided significant improvement in gastrointestinal symptoms like bloating, gas, diarrhoea and constipation in the majority of participants.
With regular use, this unique strain has an extensive list of potential benefits. DDS®-1 can:
- Colonise the intestinal tract in high numbers
- Provide long-lasting colonisation
- Help support your digestive health
- Survive the harsh acidic environment of the stomach
- Survive the high alkalinity and presence of bile acids of the small intestine
- Produce a substance that helps balance gut bacteria
- Help protect against disease-causing bacteria by forming a shield within the intestinal lining
- Support cellular health by stimulating the production of immune messengers
- Support cholesterol levels already within a healthy, normal range
- Produce lactase to potentially help those unable to tolerate lactose
- Produce vitamins B12, folic acid, and vitamin B6
- Support colon health through its control over bile acids
- Support gut health and help promote normal stools
Here's the list of the 10 specific beneficial bacteria strains in Complete Probiotics:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1
Supports digestive and normal immune health, is acid and bile resistant and provides long lasting colonisation
- Lactobacillus casei
Supports a healthy and normal immune response as well as aids in stress management by promoting healthy serotonin levels
- Lactobacillus plantarum
Helps to ease digestive distress and supports a healthy inflammatory response
- Lactobacillus salivarius
Promotes a healthy inflammatory response in the gut as well as supporting normal immune health. Supports healthy cholesterol levels already in the normal range
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
Can reduce symptoms of gastrointestinal distress, as well as supporting healthy weight and cholesterol levels already in the normal range
- Lactobacillus brevis
Supports healthy, normal inflammatory and immune responses
- Bifidobacterium lactis
Promotes a healthy inflammatory response including allergy response and supports the growth of other beneficial bacteria
- Bifidobacterium longum
Promotes a healthy stress response and may reduce gastrointestinal symptoms
- Bifidobacterium bifidum
Supports healthy blood sugar levels already in the normal range and may help alleviate gastrointestinal symptoms such as diarrhoea
- Streptococcus thermophilus
Promotes healthy, hydrated skin. Supports immune health. Also stimulates the growth of other probiotic strains
Complete Probiotics also has beneficial prebiotics in the form of Fructooligosaccharide (FOS). FOS is a favourite food for lactobacilli and Bifidobacterium strains, as they can efficiently ferment and utilise it for energy. These prebiotics remain in your digestive system to help boost the growth of beneficial bacteria.