Blue Ice™ Fermented Cod Liver Oil | 120 Capsules | Green Pasture
This is the gold standard in pure cod liver oil - naturally extracted through fermentation rather than cold or hot temperatures - or worse, chemical extraction.
Get your essential Omega-3 requirements from this premium-quality supplement in capsule-form.
Fermented Cod Liver Oil is a nutrient-dense superfood used for centuries to promote healing and strength. Modern research now confirms that it can help you in the following ways:
- Cod liver oil is one of nature’s richest sources of essential fats like omega-3 fatty acids, called docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA).
- It also contains Omega 6, 7 and 9 Fatty Acids plus many more important fat soluble nutrients.
- Omega-3 fatty acids have been proven effective against reducing inflammation, and can help promote brain development (children) and a host of other essential benefits.
- Omega 3 (particularly DHA) contributes to the maintenance of normal blood pressure, vision and blood triglyceride levels.
- Cod liver oil also contains naturally occurring vitamins A and D.
- Vitamin A has many roles in the body, including maintaining healthy eyes, brain function and skin.
- Vitamin D affects virtually every cell and tissue in your body and is vital for good health.
NOTE: The fish used in Green Pasture Fermented Cod Liver oil and Skate Liver oil are exclusively wild caught in and around the Arctic region.
Fermented Cod Liver Oil is made in small batches with extraordinary care. Green Pasture ferments livers from fish that have been exclusively wild caught in the Bering Sea/Aleutian Islands region.
Fermentation is a natural enzymatic and microbial action that releases the oil from the livers. This Fermented Cod Liver Oil is a raw, unadulterated, whole food. There are no additives of any kind. It is routinely third-party tested for purity.
This entire product line is certified by the Marine Stewardship Council, which ensures that the cod livers we source have been sustainably wild-caught. (MSC-C-55178)
It is well known to chemists that chemical extraction of oils results in isomers. What this potentially means is 50% positive and 50% negative versions of the extraction - potentially causing as much harm to the human body as good. Alternatively, heat extraction can destroy many of the chemical bonds that are essential in providing goodness to us. Fermentation methods are rarely used due to the time-intensive nature of the process. The quality and benefit in doing so, however, is unparalleled.
The product is extracted using a proprietary cold process extraction and cleaning method and is independently tested to internationally recognised purity standards. Fermented Cod Liver Oil is typically far easier to digest than regular cod liver oil, resulting in increased absorption - including 2.5 times more Vitamins A and D.
The serving size for the liquid is ½ teaspoon. For capsules it is 2 capsules. Please consult with a health practitioner for the dosage that may be right for you.
60 servings per bottle
DISCLAIMER: This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All information provided on this site is for educational purposes and should not be construed as medical advice.