Staying hydrated will help you stay healthy and reduce the chances of catching a flu as it'll prevent dehydration caused by fevers.
Aim for 6 to 8 glasses of water per day and try to avoid caffeinated drinks.
7) Exercise regularly
Regular exercise has so many benefits, it can be fun, lowers stress and helps you stay fit, but it will also strengthen your immune system and can help prevent viruses from making you feel ill.
In addition to that, it also promotes healthy sleep and helps manage your weight which is important for overall health.
8) Take probiotics and prebiotics
Probiotics are "good" bacteria that can help keep the body healthy and protect it from "bad" bacteria - and prebiotics are basically food for probiotics to function well. You can read more about prebiotics by clicking here.
There are plenty of foods that have probiotics and prebiotics in them.
Common foods that contain probiotics include many fermented foods such as yogurt, sauerkraut, pickles, kimchi, sourdough bread and some cheeses.
Common foods that contain prebiotics include broccoli, garlic, onions, leeks, asparagus & bananas.
If you need a boost, you can always use a supplement to increase your prebiotic intake such as InnerFuel Prebiotic by Bulletproof.
Having a healthy gut will help ensure your immune system stays strong.
On the topic of probiotics, there is another form of probiotics known as spore-forming probiotics.
These spore-forming bacteria offer four major advantages over non-spore-forming probiotics:
- Spores can survive the low pH of the gastric barrier to deliver the entire dosage to your small intestine
- Spores resist breakdown from enzymes, solvents, and hydrogen peroxide as they travel to your small intestine
- Spores are heat-stable, so the product can be stored at room temperature without losing any potency or effectiveness
- Certain spores are antibiotic-resistant, which means you can take them while using antibiotics to help support your healthy microbiome
Dr Mercola's Complete Spore Restore is the perfect product to take advantage of these spore forming probiotics.
Leave a comment